May 4, 2020
Learn Basic SEO for successful Digital Marketing Campaign
SEO is an abbreviation for Search Engine Optimisation. It is basically about learning and using tactics, strategies to enhance the visibility of web resources such as websites, web pages in various search engine results pages. For an SEO Pro you need to have the basics right to be successful in your digital marketing campaign. This blog discusses the SEO basics that are helpful in your for the professional search engine optimizer.
Understand What the Customers Are Looking For
As a professional SEO specialist, it is not easy to optimize a website without understanding what the customers are looking for. Your job as a search engine optimizer demand the use of common sense to figure out what your customers are searching for.
You need to adhere to the following points to grasp what your customers are looking for:-
Try to figure out the most popular method in which people search for your business.
- Understand other ways people search for the same thing using a search engine.
- Use long-tail keywords while searching using a search engine.
- Do granular searches more according to the requirements of the customers.
- Search for popular as well as engaging topics in your niche and write contents on those topics.
- Endeavour to expand your keyword list.
To be successful in your optimization, you need to take into consideration people’s views about a particular topic or niche. You need to discuss the problems that affects the people. You need to write in plain and simple language that your audience can understand.
Other ways you can become successful in search engine optimization:-
- Post on Forums like nairaland, quora and the list is endless.
- Do keyword research and analysis using Google tool planner, Moz, kwfinder and others.
- Understanding the metrics that are behind the targeted keywords. These metrics may include the following; domain authority (DA), page authority (PA), keyword difficulty, keyword competitiveness, search volume and others.
- To do keyword research and analysis it is advisable to create an excel sheet, underscore the metrics that you are using, populate the respective metric’s field with values as against the keyword that you are using.
- Create Webpages that are optimized for searches
Focus on On-Page Optimization
Keyword research and analysis is the first step to attract organic traffic to your business or website. Then focus on on-page optimization in a digital marketing campaign. If you are using a WordPress website then it is recommended that you install appropriate plugins on your website. Create on-page content that is relevant to your niche or business. In this context, it is relevant to add that there are three types of searches and they are navigational, informational, and transactional. For more on this visit relevant resources available online.
Following are some of the tips to focus on on-page optimization:-
- Use short and descriptive URLs.
- Create compelling meta titles as well as descriptions.
- Use headers as well as sub-headers to create a logical structure.
- Focus on optimizing your images.
- Lay emphasis on setting up a schema.
Other Aspects that Help to Make You a Better Search Engine Optimizer
Ensure your website is accessible to humans as well as search engines. Also ensure that your web portal loads promptly. For security you can install an SSL certificate. Then try to create a site map for your website. In addition to these, there are several other aspects of digital marketing that helps to enhance the search engine optimization skills of the professional web marketer.